What we used to understand about this format has changed thanks to the value that globalization has taken and the positioning on the importance of video worldwide.
What is a video?
A consumer demand; the way to attract new customers if it is a question of selling a product or a service, through an audiovisual resource. With the increase in consumption, production grows, so technology is increasingly inclined to favor it’s marketing.
What is video for?
It is a teaching and learning tool. It serves to create valuable content for those who are interested in a specific topic.
Types of video
Before knowing what types of video exist, it is necessary to know what they are used for, since the purpose will depend on the success factor:
- Is it suitable for sharing?
- Does it provide useful information?
- Does it educate?
- Does it entertain?
- Does it not harm anyone?
These are the types of videos that exist today:
They show how to acquire/use a product/service.
They give reliable evidence of the usefulness of a product or the guarantee of a service.
They demonstrate the benefits that will bring the acquisition of a product in daily life.
- Live video:
It is ideal for "direct" contact with the audience, in order to create closeness and loyalty.
- Brand / Tutorial:
There are brand ambassadors, who through the video can demonstrate the veracity and effectiveness of a product / service, in order to be a little more convincing with a customer and advertising (free or paid), to use in their lives what they promote.
- Instructive / Educational:
Made basically to teach, educate, train on some topic.
Its objective is to show special guests who are experts in some subject.
Comes from the video interview, you can use only the audio and convert it into this new format that is well accepted today.
The one that, as its name indicates, provides information about something specific, and works very well as "market research".
- Animated video:
It can adhere to the meaning of the explanatory, but its development is totally different, since it provides illustrations; it is so creative, unique and original that it becomes a unique resource to highlight any idea.
- Online video:
All video shared through social networks.
Advantages of video:
- It facilitates sharing.
- Generates interest.
- Generates intrigue / curiosity.
- Creates good impact on social networks, therefore, opportunities for: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn are greater in terms of audience.
- Allows to identify content, thanks to its distribution channels.
Every recipient/consumer is likely to click on an ad containing video in between, even more so than those with only a standard banner or graphic.
"Facebook points out that "many creators who post videos on Facebook generate discussions among their followers, as do celebrity posts. In fact, live videos get on average six times more interactions than regular videos. Incorporating video into their posts generates greater engagement and interactions. Instagram and Twitter videos also play automatically in your news feed, making the videos more engaging and attractive to followers than text alone.
Extension of a video:
It depends on what you want to communicate, but for sure the consumer rarely stays watching a video until the end, this indicates that the short time is more profitable.
Is video better than other tools?
There are articles, presentations, computer graphics, graphics, e-books, manuals, among other tools that have the same purpose as video, but the latter becomes the most popular option.
What do companies prefer to communicate?
In order to generate content these are normally used:
- Computer graphics.
Everything is usually done through social media publications; nothing is totally good or bad, but certainly video should be paramount within the communication channels, including those mentioned above.
For which sectors is video useful?
Surely for marketing specialists it is paramount within their campaigns and strategies, but not only for them, because it can be useful at all times, as it indicates interaction, movement, is real, tangible, visible and convincing.
"Pictures speak louder than words"
It is a key tool for those teams that want to train or support the personnel that works for the company, since it communicates through visual elements and increases the productivity of the personnel, therefore, the sales of the product/service in a fast way.
Advantages of video over other forms of content:
There are no points of comparison, however, there are attributes to make the video stand out from other ways of displaying content:
- It involves: Video has the capacity to involve the person who receives the message, thanks to its narrative structure; it always tells a story and that is precisely what attracts an audience.
- It creates emotions: It directly stimulates that emotional part of the receiver, since it can connect with him in a direct way through audiovisual elements; something that otherwise could not be transmitted so quickly.
- Educates: They say that the brain is capable of processing the visual much faster than the textual, therefore, the video has to be memorable, since the image is stored longer in the memory.
- It is empathetic: It speaks of something real, human, verifiable. When there is something tangible the connection is immediate, because the receiver thinks that this can also happen to him; good or bad.
Video and Digital Marketing:
"According to Wyzowl's statistics, 63% of companies have started using video content marketing".
According to all of the above, we realize that video becomes a requirement when communicating / transmitting / broadcasting any message, but added to that, there is a time limit on each social network to categorize that is attractive to the public.
Video and social networks:
Maximum duration recommended for each platform:
- Instagram: 30 seconds for timeline 15 seconds for stories
- Twitter: 45 seconds
- Facebook: 1 minute for timeline 15 seconds for stories
- YouTube: 2 minutes
This time does not only guarantee that the participation with the channel is favorable, it also gives way to the accessibility and optimization of the scheduled strategies that the video has as a resource.
No need to scare the spectators or invade them!
Videos can be effective, more non-invasive tools. It should be noted that:
- They have automatic playback.
- They must be kept silent, while the receiver decides whether to play them.
- Include subtitles (optional)
- Be compatible with all mobile devices.
It is necessary toMeasure the performance of your videos and how they add to the strategies:
- Develop metrics.
- Incorporate video into other media, e.g. blogs, emails.
- Do not forget CTA: Call to Action, example: in YouTube subscribe to the channel. Always have a CTA so the user knows what they have to do.
Video and sales:
Video translates instantly to increased sales, regardless of category, because itis a call to action that captures attention and convinces.
"Studies show that 74% of users who see a video explaining a product bought it later"
Because vision is one of the most predominant senses. The brain is visual, and captures this type of information more easily than when reading it. Everything is processed differently; it is retained in a different way.
So before thinking about selling, you must create emotions. And, what better option than video?
When are you starting your video strategy? What type of content do you think will be more valuable for your customers and leads?
Author: JOHANA Duque is Colombian. She is a Social Communicator specialized in journalism. She currently generates contents for several digital platforms and works on her own brand “La Dukesa”